What is cpanel?
cPanel is a Linux-based control panel used to conveniently manage your web hosting. The system operates similarly to desktop application.
With cPanel, you can perform actions from a user-friendly dashboard instead complex commands. It provides a graphical interface (GUI) and automation tools designed to simplify the process of hosting a web site.
Why should you use cPanel?
There are many reasons why you may want to use cPanel for your web hosting. Here are some of the pros of using cPanel:
- User-friendly interface: The cPanel interface categorize various features under manageable modules, allowing users to locate them easily. You can also customize your dashboard according to your preferences.
- High compatibly: As one of the most popular control panels, cPanel is compatible with several web browsers, including Google Chrome, Safari, and Mozilla FireFox. It also supports various operating systems, such as Windows and Linux (such as Ubuntu, CentOS, Rocky Linux and Alma Linux).
- Wide range of features: With cPanel, you can perform actions such as installing WordPress, setting up email accounts, creating subdomains, installing SSL certificates, managing databases, and more. cPanel also provide access to various statistics and analytics tools to monitor your website's performance.
- Automatic software installation: cPanel offers a feature called Softaculous that allows you to install hundreds of applications with just a few clicks. You can choose from various categories such as blogs, e-commerce, forums, etc.
- Reliable support: cPanel has a large and active community of users and developers who can help you with any issues or questions you may have. cPanel also provide various documentation and tutorials on their official website.
How to install and configure cPanel?
There are two ways to get cpanel. You can either use web hosting service that provides cPanel for you or install it on your own server or vps (virtual private server).
First option: Use web hosting that provide cPanel:
If you want to use web hosting that provides cPanel, you will need to sign up for an account and choose a plan that includes cPanel. Peramix provides powerful cpanel hosting Link
Second option: Install cPanel on your own server or vps:
cPanel provides 15 days trial to test it functions before you need to buy its license. You will need also a Linux-based server with at least 1.5 GB RAM and 20 GB of disk space, We recommend to start with VPS (virtual private server).
10,000+ customers use Peramix to grow their businesses.
Start your journey with our powerful vps serves at incredible low price start from $6.99
To install cpanel on your VPS, you need to have a fresh installation of a supported operating system such as a CentOS, CloudLinux, Alma Linux, Rocky Linux or Ubuntu.
The installation process involves the following steps:
- Log on to your VPS server as root using ssh (Check our article on how to connect vps remotely on Linux here on windows here).
- Disbale SELinux
- Install Perl by entering the following command
yum install perl
- Run the below mentioned command to download and install cpanel installation script
cd /home && curl -o latest -L https://securedownloads.cpanel.net/latest && sh latest
- Wait for the installation to complete. This mat take several minutes on Peramix VPS.
- Using your browser, go to the below mentioned link to access your WHM to accept the license agreement and complete the initial setup.
cPanel is a powerful web hosting tool, You can get it from a web hosting provider if you have small website or install it on server or VPS.